Mercury has turned retrograde at about 6' Capricorn, moving 'backwards' on Friday 12/10 and continuing that backward motion until 12/30. As the planet of communication moves back, it will connect with Pluto (deep and transformative healing), Mars (action and initiative), and the North Node. This is a powerful time to have cleansing and clearing conversations, especially as the year closes. Do you have any unfinished conversations? It need not be negative - perhaps an opportunity to share with another the deeper impact they have had on your life.
Here are some practical tips for how to work with a mercury retrograde:
1. It is a good time to double-check any plans you have. since it is the holiday season, you may want to check on your directions to any parties or events, as well as the time?
2. It is a good cycle to examine your communication patterns with others; it can be as simple as saying, "this is what i heard you say, is that right?" before getting angry. I actually practiced this with another, after beginning to feel offense as to what she said to me. As it turned out, I completely heard her wrong, and instead of walking away feeling separate from her, we began a deeper connection because of this chance for clarification.
3. Be aware that a mercury retrograde can bring in people from your past - either this life, or another. usually this pertains to a connection that is not yet complete. I have had many an ex-boyfriend or friend from the past show up on my doorstep on a mercury retrograde. This is one of the little-known potential benefits of this transit!
4. Mercury retrograde is typically a good cycle to revise, review, clean closets, prepare for projects that will go ahead after the retrograde ends. It is also important to back up your computer files.
5. I encourage you to have an open mind about the retrograde; yes, it is true, it does not have the best reputation. But Mercury, as with all of the planets, has gifts to offer us. It helps us with communication, and in this day and age, "communication" is such a broad word! Spoken word, verbal communication, letters, instant messaging, facebooking, tweeting, and so much more. What a blessing that we have so many ways to connect with each other!
Blessings to you as we move into the holiday season. May Mercury help you in enjoying communications and connections with your loved ones and friends.